Week One: Birth the Concept & Launch Platform
• Establishing your online e-commerce idea & testing viability for its success
• Creating focus groups to understand your customer base & their needs
• Launching Social Media platforms before store opens to build community & tribe
• Utilizing social media to build anticipation & excitement for products
Week Two: E-Commerce Automation
• Email Marketing 101 via Mailchimp
• Synching Your Store & Understanding Data
• Welcome & Abandoned Cart Recovery Emails via Shopify, Kit, and Mailchimp
• Creating a basic welcome funnel for new shoppers via Shopify & Mailchimp
• How to increase your email list on a monthly basis
Week Three: Setup & Launch Online Store
• Understanding the Shopify Platform & Powerful Backend
• How to manage inventory, SKUs, etc.
• The top 5 plug-ins/functions every online store needs
• Picking your theme & designing your store
Week Four: Expand Reach (Influencers, Local Vending, and Wholesale)
• How to establish relationships with influencers
Platforms that connect you with influencers on social media & how to rate the effectiveness of your influencer campaigns
• What you will need for local vending & pop-up shops & why they are important
Where to order supplies and more, for vending & exhibition shows/events
• Shopping bags, tables, displays, banners, packaging, etc.
• How to begin to prepare your e-commerce store for wholesale opportunities
Classroom Dates: every Wednesday - January 12th, 19th, 26th and February 2nd.
Speaker(s): Genesis Dorsey of Genesis Dorsey
Co-Sponsor(s): WBC and Genesis Dorsey
Please be prompt. REFUND POLICY As a non-profit organization, our goal is to maintain the lowest fees possible in an effort to ensure that all individuals have the opportunity to participate in our events. The WBC incurs administrative costs to offer these events to the public. The WBC pays these costs in advance and are non-refundable to our organization. Therefore, the WBC must ask that those who pay for our events please understand and uphold our no refund policy to ensure no loss of funds to the WBC.
Fee: $ 50.00
All payments must be made at the time of registration.